Monday, June 28, 2010

Bye June, Hello July

Monday June 28 ~
Had a ropes course, where we did the tight rope walk. Started teaching the Sr. Architectures class Went on a successful grocery trip full of wonderful healthy delights Had an awesome work out, burned twice as many calories as usual, and had fun choreographing two new dances. Made a wonderful Salmon dinner and hung out with the hubby. What a wonderful Monday. Plus my sunburn has pretty much become a tan.

Tuesday June 29~
Today the Hawk lady came and showed us this cool falcon. In Sr. Architects I taught some basic Autocad skills and the kids did a wonderful job. I came home for a quick workout. In the evening I was able to go with my friend Carrie and her two wonderful kids to beautiful Red Butte Garden and out for frozen yogurt. It was a nice evening.

Wednesday June 30~
Today we made fossils. Arch class went well. Training workout. Dugan and I went to Lagoon. As we approached the entrance something seemed a little odd. There was no sound of roller-coaster and no screaming. We found out that the power had gone out and that most of the rides were not up and running yet. So we decided to go to dinner at this popular chinese food place in Bountiful called the Mandarin. It was a fun night.

Thursday July 1~
Today we went rock climbing. The kids worked really hard and did a wonderful job. Class went well. Great Workout. Dugan and I decide to go and see Eclipse. I am not obsessed with the Twilight series but I appreciate that that it is something different. This one was mine and Dugan's fav. so far.

Friday July 2 ~
Today the whole camp went to East Canyon Reservoir. Then I had my last day of teaching. I am sad it is over. After work Dugan and I went to the mall and hung out.

Saturday July 3~
Today is our friend Jeff's Birthday. We went to Breakfast with him and his wife Shasta. Then we all went and hung out at the mall till it warmed up enough to go swimming. When it got a little warmer we went to Cowabunga Bay. It was really fun. It is actually pretty different then Seven Peaks which is the water park it Provo that we went to a few weeks ago. The slides were fun and there were plenty of places where you can dump, squirt and play in lots of water. Afterward we headed to Jeff and Shasta's to get cleaned up. Everyone realized they got a little to much sun. We walked over to the Freedom Festival downtown Provo. Nothing much there. Then we went to the mall and then headed over to the field to layout blankets. It was a little chilly. The guys went and got us warmer clothing. How sweet of them. There was a beautiful Sunset. It felt like it was taking forever for the Fireworks to start. It made me miss my parents and all the wonderful fun 4th of July memories I have with family. The fireworks began and they were wonderful. It was a great show. We were able to get out with little traffic. We got home late but had a wonderful day. Thanks Jeff and Shasta for such a fun day and Happy Birthday Jeff.

Sunday July 4~
I LOVE the 4th of July. The morning was spent with family that was visiting from out of State. Also spent a little time with my little sis and here cute little boy. Had a nice day with the hubby. Had an emotional break down. The holiday has made me think a lot. All the emotion of missing my family (Parents are in Cali, Brother is in Hong Kong) I have many wonderful memories of past 4th of July's and I miss them. Plus I have a great love for this country. I will have to write more about it in another post. I listened to my Favorite song of all time, America by Neil Diamond over and over. That night we watched the Bees Stadium fireworks right outside our apartment. God Bless America


My kids at camp are always the ones with my camera.
I love all these wonderful shots they get.

Having way to much fun. Dugan is up on the left spraying Jeff in the upper middle and I am down at the bottom.

While hanging out with my sister.
Everyone has been asking for a pic of my lighter hair and tan skin. In this picture you can see that my hair is lighter but I don't know if you can tell that I have a tan but it is crazy how dark my skin is getting and how much the sun has bleached my hair. That's the joy of spending almost all day everyday in the Sun.

No comments: