Friday, September 16, 2011

Inspired by Kathy

This is in response to a post that my cousin posted about "health experts" and how we try to do what is right, but what do we do when we have no clue. Two of her main statements were

If you consume more calories than you burn then you will, in fact, gain weight. Therefore, if you consume less calories than you burn then you will, in fact, lose weight. End. Of. Story.

If it is working for you then keep doing it. If it isn't then try something else


Amean, I realized last month if I didn't have to spend all my time searching and trying to sort my findings I would be better off. So I did just that. I took some of the OBVIOUS things and I am with you on the reasoning of math. Calories in vs calories out. If I want to sit on my butt all day. Then I am going to have to eat a hard boiled egg and some veggies for lunch, if I am going to go on a three hour hike and run around at the park with my friends kids, then maybe we can go out for ice cream(a small please) and have a fun day. I have been doing Ballet twice a week for the past few months. I haven't lost ONE POUND. But do my clothes look different you better believe it. Do I love myself? Of Course. Its a battle we get to fight our whole life. We can't give up food. It's just not an option. So take what God gave you and when you go to a dance class or the gym and you are tired, be grateful you can experience your body in ways that many can't. I believe God gave me this body on loan for my earth life and I will be held accountable of how I treat it. Making it Personal.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Good for you! You know your body better than anyone else. Honor it and it will honor you.

Flutterby said...

I really like your idea about our body being on loan. Why is it that we take better care of things that belong to someone else?