Monday Oct 4th - Thursday Oct 7th
This week was pretty intense. I had what I like to refer to as Studio Block. Let’s just say my ideas were all over the place. It was really busy week and fall break couldn’t come soon enough.
Friday Oct 8th
So after Dugan and I arrived at the airport we went to get some dinner at Squatters. I was craving cheese so I had a Quesadilla. It was really good. After we ate I went to the desk at the gate to check and see if there was anyway Dugan and I could sit next to each other. We are returning on different days so the tickets weren’t bought together and seats had not been assigned yet so I was hoping we could work it out. As I gave them our names at the counter they informed me that Dugan and I had been bumped to First Class and we were sitting next to each other. I was pretty excited. Dugan and I are working on this list of 30 things we want to do before we are 30. One of them is to fly first class. Lucky us. We boarded the plane. Not only were we first class but we were the first row and we had 3 feet of leg room in front of us. I could put my legs straight out and just touch the wall. We were offered drinks before the flight and had bottles of water, a blanket and a pillow waiting for us. It wasn’t anything to crazy but it was fun. It was just him and I in our little row and I actually was comfortable enough that I feel asleep. We were given our drinks in a glass glass which was pretty fun. We got the San Jose airport. It was a nice airport and picked up our bags. My parents came and picked us up and it was a pretty short drive to their place. My mom gave me the royal tour of their place. It is very nice. We were pretty tired so we went to bed.
Saturday Oct 9th
Here we come San Francisco. We woke up early to get a good start on the day. My parents, Dugan and I headed to Golden Gate Park. We had ticket to the Deyoung Museum’s special exhibit, “Van Gogh, Gauguin, Cezanne, and Beyond: Post-Impressionist Masterpieces form the Musee d’Orsay. I have been lucky and have seen many of Van Gogh’s works from Europe to New York. Starry, Starry Night at the MOMA is still my favorite but seeing the painting “Bedroom at Aries” was a huge delight for me. Many of the other pieces were beautiful. I get so emotional when I see the real thing. We looked at many of the other exhibits in the museum. We went up in the tower and was able to see all over San Francisco and the roof of the California Academy of Science by Renzo Piano across the street. After we were finished in the museum we took a bus toward Union Square. There were so many wonderful buildings to see there. After enjoying Frank Lloyd Wrights Gallery. We headed over to Pier 39 we looked to the sky to take in the amazingness that is the Blue Angels. Lucky us that we happened to pick Fleet Week. I loved the walruses at Peri 39. They are sssoooo funny laying there and pushing each other around. We walked along till we reached the Ghirardelli Square. We decide it was time to head back to Golden Gate Park to get the car. Well on the bus we asked this local couple where they recommend we have dinner. They told us we had to eat at Beach Chalet. They even called the restaurant and made reservations for us. It was wonderful. It is right on the beach. The food was incredible. We had Shrimp & Avocado Cocktail appetizer. I had scallops that were cooked perfectly, Dugan had Ribs and I think my parents had fish. My mom and dad shared Creme Brulee and Dugan and I had the best brownie sunday ever. As the night got later we watch all the beach bonfires start all across the beach. It was such a fantastic day. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful parents and husband who let me go on a wild goose chase for buildings.
Sunday Oct 10th
Today we slept in. Went to church with my parents where I ended up seeing a guy and his wife who both went to high school with me. There were nice lessons given. After church we came home and had a nice dinner and a quite night at home.
Monday Oct 11th
Today my dad took my mom, Dugan and I to breakfast at Google. It was fun to see where he worked and all the cool things about the company. He had a meeting so we headed out. We drove the twisty road up to the red woods. We walked around for a bit and did the walking tour. It was fun to see such old and big trees. Then we headed down and drove along the beautiful coast. The waves were crashing and we saw a light house. We stopped at Half Moon Bay where we ate at Sam’s Chowder House. We were sat right by the window where we had a beautiful view of he ocean. Dugan and I had there famous Lobster Roll (which is named in the top five Best Sandwiches in America). It was so delicious. My mom had a Salmon Sandwich. We were pretty full but I saw that they had Key Lime Pie as there special. We have specific high standards so after finding out that all standards were met. We ordered it. Sure enough best Key Lime Pie EVER. I have decided that for a foodie like me. I belong in a place like San Francisco. It was such a fun place. After a late lunch we headed back to google to pick up my dad. Then we took my
computer in to get upgraded. We hung out and then headed to downtown Mountain View to go to a light dinner. We walked main street and spent a little time searching for Out of Print Architecture books in the
used bookstore. We had a wonderful day. Tomorrow Dugan is flying home without me and I am already missing him.
Tuesday Oct 12th
My mom and I went to Winchester Mystery Mansion. It was really cool.
This week was pretty intense. I had what I like to refer to as Studio Block. Let’s just say my ideas were all over the place. It was really busy week and fall break couldn’t come soon enough.
Friday Oct 8th
So after Dugan and I arrived at the airport we went to get some dinner at Squatters. I was craving cheese so I had a Quesadilla. It was really good. After we ate I went to the desk at the gate to check and see if there was anyway Dugan and I could sit next to each other. We are returning on different days so the tickets weren’t bought together and seats had not been assigned yet so I was hoping we could work it out. As I gave them our names at the counter they informed me that Dugan and I had been bumped to First Class and we were sitting next to each other. I was pretty excited. Dugan and I are working on this list of 30 things we want to do before we are 30. One of them is to fly first class. Lucky us. We boarded the plane. Not only were we first class but we were the first row and we had 3 feet of leg room in front of us. I could put my legs straight out and just touch the wall. We were offered drinks before the flight and had bottles of water, a blanket and a pillow waiting for us. It wasn’t anything to crazy but it was fun. It was just him and I in our little row and I actually was comfortable enough that I feel asleep. We were given our drinks in a glass glass which was pretty fun. We got the San Jose airport. It was a nice airport and picked up our bags. My parents came and picked us up and it was a pretty short drive to their place. My mom gave me the royal tour of their place. It is very nice. We were pretty tired so we went to bed.
Saturday Oct 9th
Here we come San Francisco. We woke up early to get a good start on the day. My parents, Dugan and I headed to Golden Gate Park. We had ticket to the Deyoung Museum’s special exhibit, “Van Gogh, Gauguin, Cezanne, and Beyond: Post-Impressionist Masterpieces form the Musee d’Orsay. I have been lucky and have seen many of Van Gogh’s works from Europe to New York. Starry, Starry Night at the MOMA is still my favorite but seeing the painting “Bedroom at Aries” was a huge delight for me. Many of the other pieces were beautiful. I get so emotional when I see the real thing. We looked at many of the other exhibits in the museum. We went up in the tower and was able to see all over San Francisco and the roof of the California Academy of Science by Renzo Piano across the street. After we were finished in the museum we took a bus toward Union Square. There were so many wonderful buildings to see there. After enjoying Frank Lloyd Wrights Gallery. We headed over to Pier 39 we looked to the sky to take in the amazingness that is the Blue Angels. Lucky us that we happened to pick Fleet Week. I loved the walruses at Peri 39. They are sssoooo funny laying there and pushing each other around. We walked along till we reached the Ghirardelli Square. We decide it was time to head back to Golden Gate Park to get the car. Well on the bus we asked this local couple where they recommend we have dinner. They told us we had to eat at Beach Chalet. They even called the restaurant and made reservations for us. It was wonderful. It is right on the beach. The food was incredible. We had Shrimp & Avocado Cocktail appetizer. I had scallops that were cooked perfectly, Dugan had Ribs and I think my parents had fish. My mom and dad shared Creme Brulee and Dugan and I had the best brownie sunday ever. As the night got later we watch all the beach bonfires start all across the beach. It was such a fantastic day. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful parents and husband who let me go on a wild goose chase for buildings.
Sunday Oct 10th
Today we slept in. Went to church with my parents where I ended up seeing a guy and his wife who both went to high school with me. There were nice lessons given. After church we came home and had a nice dinner and a quite night at home.
Monday Oct 11th
Today my dad took my mom, Dugan and I to breakfast at Google. It was fun to see where he worked and all the cool things about the company. He had a meeting so we headed out. We drove the twisty road up to the red woods. We walked around for a bit and did the walking tour. It was fun to see such old and big trees. Then we headed down and drove along the beautiful coast. The waves were crashing and we saw a light house. We stopped at Half Moon Bay where we ate at Sam’s Chowder House. We were sat right by the window where we had a beautiful view of he ocean. Dugan and I had there famous Lobster Roll (which is named in the top five Best Sandwiches in America). It was so delicious. My mom had a Salmon Sandwich. We were pretty full but I saw that they had Key Lime Pie as there special. We have specific high standards so after finding out that all standards were met. We ordered it. Sure enough best Key Lime Pie EVER. I have decided that for a foodie like me. I belong in a place like San Francisco. It was such a fun place. After a late lunch we headed back to google to pick up my dad. Then we took my
computer in to get upgraded. We hung out and then headed to downtown Mountain View to go to a light dinner. We walked main street and spent a little time searching for Out of Print Architecture books in the
used bookstore. We had a wonderful day. Tomorrow Dugan is flying home without me and I am already missing him.
Tuesday Oct 12th
My mom and I went to Winchester Mystery Mansion. It was really cool.
http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/ Afterward went to dinner an then shopping.
So as you can see. I got behind again. Oh well. The rest of my trip in Mountain View was lots of hanging out with my mom. It was truly wonderful. I came home rested and ready to get back to life. Minutes
after walking in the door from the airport (my flight was at 6:00am) I went to hang out with my friend Carrie and her kids. I got some other things done and had a chance to see some friends.
Since Fall Break ended life has been CRAZY, STRESSFUL and BUSY. So here I am a month later playing catch up.
Halloween was lots of fun. On Saturday Dugan and I went to our friends the Clarks. It was fun. We had Cafe Rio (which was so yummy and a treat since we don’t eat out much) I went trick or treating with
Carrie, Jimmy and Katie while the guys stayed home to hand out candy. It was pretty cold and rainy so we weren’t out for long. We came home enjoyed passing out the rest of the candy and hung out. It was a fun
night.
So as you can see. I got behind again. Oh well. The rest of my trip in Mountain View was lots of hanging out with my mom. It was truly wonderful. I came home rested and ready to get back to life. Minutes
after walking in the door from the airport (my flight was at 6:00am) I went to hang out with my friend Carrie and her kids. I got some other things done and had a chance to see some friends.
Since Fall Break ended life has been CRAZY, STRESSFUL and BUSY. So here I am a month later playing catch up.
Halloween was lots of fun. On Saturday Dugan and I went to our friends the Clarks. It was fun. We had Cafe Rio (which was so yummy and a treat since we don’t eat out much) I went trick or treating with
Carrie, Jimmy and Katie while the guys stayed home to hand out candy. It was pretty cold and rainy so we weren’t out for long. We came home enjoyed passing out the rest of the candy and hung out. It was a fun
night.
On (real Halloween) we went to our friends Jeff and Shasta’s house. We made dinner and watched a Halloween movie. It was such a fun weekend. Now it’s pretty much school till Thanksgiving break. October was a good month. I just hope I can come up with something good for Studio
soon. I went from Studio Block to studio Idea overload and now I just need to make some choices. Love you all.
soon. I went from Studio Block to studio Idea overload and now I just need to make some choices. Love you all.
Dugan, Dad and I walking into Frank Lloyd Wright's Gallery
A pic of the Blue Angels Flying
Dugan and I at the Ocean (it was pretty windy)

Katie and Jimmy dressed as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf
1 comment:
It's so fun to read your blog. You make me feel like I'm right there with you. Wish you were closer!
Post a Comment