Monday, October 4, 2010

Tony Your Animation Will Be the Death of Me

Monday September 27th


Today is my dear friend Rachel’s Birthday. Classes were pretty good. During studio we had a sit down review Jury for our Concept designs. I got really anxious right before I presented. My review went okay and I now just have somethings to think about. I headed to my Turbo Kick class to help me clear my mind. I was still in the workout mood after it was over so I did the elliptical for 45 minutes too. On my walk back to the studio it hit me how tired I was. I took trax to Dugan’s work and then we came home and I made Baked Riviera Cod and Rosemary Vegetables for dinner. We had a nice night together doing homework.



Tuesday September 28th


I love Tuesday’s. Dugan and I attended a presentation given by some experts in Concrete. It was long but very fascinating. Dugan and I worked on homework. I made Nana’s Lasagna for dinner then I headed to the farmers market to pick up some fresh produce. I thought I would pick up a little treat for my wonderful Hubby. So I picked up a Belgium Waffle stuffed with Imported Belgium Chocolate, fresh whip cream and strawberries. We watched Glee and did homework.



Wednesday September 29th


Today I woke up super sleepy. Tony’s class was very informative today. I figured out a few things to do with my concept before meeting with my Professor during studio. I just need to figure out how to better articulate my concept. The ideas are there but I need to sum it up in a few well written sentences. Then I bought plane tickets for Dugan and I to go and see my parents in California. I can’t wait to see them. I had to hurry to Spinning class but made it just in time. BUT during the class the arches of my feet really started to hurt. It was really weird. I have really high arches. I think I need to try different shoes. The class was great minus my feet. Dugan came back after work to pick me up. I made Meatball Marinara Stuffed French Bread and Salad for dinner. We worked on stuff for our Tony project that is due Monday. I hope I can use the rendering farm to get stuff done quicker tomorrow. It’s always nice when I have multiple computers working for me.


Thursday September 30th


Today I had an on call at work but they didn’t need me. SSsoooo I got to the school early and got to work. I ended up helping a few classmates with a project they had due at noon. Then I got working on Tony’s animation. I would enjoy it a lot more if my computer didn’t decide to run out of memory. (I will take care of that over fall break) Which is making it a real pain to get what I need to done. Then I worked on studio. In the past I have totally been in the groove but it hasn’t been there. I must find it soon. I was super excited to find out that my favorite trainer was teaching a Cardio Pump class today. I got to class ready to go. She let us know that we would be playing a game today called 21 (no, not the card game). So this is how it works. You do 20 jumping jacks then 1 push up then you stand up and do 19 jumping jacks and 2 push ups, 18jj & 3 pu, 17jj & 4 pu, 16jj & 5 pu.............................. till you get to 1 jumping jack and 20 push ups. Then you keep moving and sip a little water then you go back up. 20 push ups, 1 jumping jack, 19 pu & 2jj. We warmed up and cooled down but the Jumping Jacks and push ups took about 40 minutes. I could not believe it. It ended up being over 420 Push ups and 420 Jumping Jacks. It was the hardest workout I have done since running Track. I still can’t believe I did it but it felt amazing. There were a few times I was pretty sure I was going to throw up, but I didn’t thank goodness. I came home and called my other mother Patty because today is her Birthday. I enjoyed talking to her and can’t wait till Thanksgiving to see her. Happy Birthday Patty Dear. I had made stew in the crockpot in the morning but the temperature has been so warm and I really wasn’t feeling like stew. We ended up going out to Indian food with my sister Ashten, her husband Chris and there little boy Liam. Liam was so funny. He LOVE’s Nan (which is the bread) He also told me that what he wanted for his birthday was cake. It was so cute. I love that little guy. After dinner they came over to our house to play for a bit. I was sad when they left but was so glad we got to hang out with them. Thanks Sis!


Friday October 1st


I can’t believe it is October. Today we had Tony’s and learned how to make our own materials in 3dmax. Then we went to the Concrete Lab and saw how some of the additives work. It was pretty interesting. I love the idea of Pores Concrete. It is pretty cool stuff. Then I had Studio where we had a Lecture on Sustainability ( I am not sure why because we have had lots of lectures and classes about it, its pretty much in the Architect Job description to know and understand it) Anyway the women did a nice job and then we watched a film about building the Getty Museum in LA by Richard Meier. Meier is a little interesting but the film was very inspiring. Plus we were just at the Getty a few weeks ago. After studio I headed to my Zumba class where we were filming a dance music video. I will have to post it after the videographer finishes all the editing. We are in a Zumba competition representing the University of Utah. I was so tired when we finally made it home I made Pesto Cheese Ravioli with Chicken and Walnuts for dinner and worked on my animation. Goodnight


Saturday October 2nd


I Love the difference that work brings to my life. I had a great day at work and I love my co workers. After work I headed home to meet Dugan so we could go up to the school. We heated up and bent some acrylic (plastic). Then mixed our concrete and poured it into the forms we had made. This is our first attempt so we will see how it goes. Then I worked on my animation for HOURS and HOURS. I made Chicken and Dumplings for dinner and worked on my animation till after 11:00 pm.


Sunday October 3rd


I got up at 6:00 am to get working on my animation. Dugan headed up to the school to see if his was done rendering on the farm. Which it was so he came home and went back to sleep. I went back to bed till General Conference was on at 10:00 am. I LOVE conference. I can’t wait to get all caught up on the parts I wasn’t able to hear. I had a nice talk with my mom between sessions. Then Dugan and I had to go by the school before we headed to Provo. We went and hung out with our Wonderful friends Jeff and Shasta. Shasta and I had fun chatting and the guys enjoyed sharing funny video on the internet. We had a nice dinner together. We also decide that for Halloween we should be our names. So Shasta will be a can of Shasta Soda. Jeff is going to be a Stone. Dugan is going to be Doogie Howser MD and I am going to be Charlotte’s Web. I know I have never been a spider for Halloween, about time. We had to head home a little earlier so we were home before they closed the freeway for the night. It is such a MESS. We made it home in no time and I was so tired I feel right to sleep. Another busy but learning filled week. One week till Fall Break. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can _ _ _ _ _ ChooChoo



I didn't have any pictures from this week but this picture was taken of Dugan on New Years Eve at Jeff and Shasta's house and I think it is cute.
(Dugan's sad face)

No comments: