Monday, September 20, 2010

Back from L.A. and Plenty of work waiting

Monday~ I am starting to really dislike Monday's. I never really had a case of the Monday's but when my weekend is full of work and homework the idea of starting a new week with no rest is exhausting. Today was defiantly a Monday. I had a doctors appointment before school. My teacher knew I would be late to class and as I came in late I knocked over his coffee. Don't even ask how. I felt ssssssoooooo Bad. It didn't really make much of a mess and I cleaned it up right away. To make things worse he is one of my favorite teachers and today was his first day back at school after being gone for a week because his wife passed away last weekend. He didn't seem to care much and said he would just get some more after class. That is why I love Tony. Anyway then in Japanese we learned about Tea Houses. For studio we went to the SLC Libary to talk to the Library director and was able to ask questions about what is important in the library. After studio I attended a Turbo Kick class and Body Works class. The Turbo Kick is a crazy jumping kickboxing class and body works is ssssoooo hard. It is full of really hardcore abs, lots and lots of Pushups and weight lifting. Then Dugan and I came home had Berry Nut Salad for dinner, and went for a walk.

Tuesday ~ So Monday may have been a little rough but today was GREAT! Dugan and I only have one class on Tuesday’s from 9-10:30. I had a presentation that I was pretty nervous about but it went pretty well. After class we decided that all our homework we could do at home. Ssssooo we came home and had a nice afternoon together. We even took a short Nap. How wonderful. Then Dugan headed off to work and I CLEANED and worked on homework. I had a nice cardio workout and when Dugan got home we had Apple Poppyseed Salmon and veggies for dinner and continued to work on homework. Dugan and I had to finish our animations for tomorrow morning and I had a ton of reading to do.


Wednesday ~ Oh Wednesdays are pretty much deja vu of Monday’s. Tony’s class went much better. Japanese is always so interesting. Then I went to Ogden to visit another branch library. That night I had a melt down. It was one of those why cant I be perfect melt downs. I am finally staring to work through all the feelings that came from everything that has happened at church. I had know idea that it would take so long to heal. The anger and hurt is not gone but things are getting much better. I came home and made Spinach Pasta and worked on my 2000 word Manifesto about slow architecture.


Thursday~ I had an on call for work and was so happy when I called and they didn’t need me. I worked on my paper for 4 hours. It ended up 2015 words and was almost 8 pages long. WOW! That is a long paper for Architecture school. In general we don’t write a lot of papers. (aka In general we stink at them) I was having a few tense problems and I like jumping back and forth between first and third person. But I am getting better at catching these embarrassing mistakes. After my legs were to antsy to seat any longer I did Yoga. I ran a few errands. Then Dugan got home. Put the last finishing touches on our homework, went for a walk and went to bed.


Friday~ Tony’s was fun. In advanced technology I turned in my paper. Nice to have that off my back. Then Dugan and I presented our idea for our concrete design. I have a feeling this is going to get dirty. Studio was pretty relaxed. I just met with my professor about my Precedent presentation that I am working on for Monday. Then I was asked to go down and review the first years first projects. It is amazing to think that that is where I was two years ago. There work looked pretty good and they had some great ideas. Way to go Major Ones. As soon as studio was over I had to hurry so I could make it to my friends Zumba (dance) class. My adventure begins. I was going to catch the sandy trax to go home and it only comes a few times a day. I got to the stop right as the train pulled away. It was a little early so I missed it. So I had to catch the SLC trax and ride it to Gallivan Plaza then make the transfer over to the Sandy train. I was really nervous about time but I was making good time. As I got off trax and speed walked home as I approached my apartment I had an oh no moment. I DIDN’T HAVE A KEY. I NEVER ride trax. Dugan just comes back to the school after work to pick me up. Well as you can see I did not make it to her class and was bummed out because I had been looking forward to it. At least we have wireless internet. I sat outside on the grass with my computer till I could be let in. I guess I just wasn’t suppose to go to Zumba. Then I made Buffalo Ranch Chicken with twice baked potatoes. Dugan and I were watching T.V. when we decided to go out on a little date for dessert. We went to the Dodo. I LOVE this place. We got Strawberry buttermilk cake and Almond Joy Cheesecake pie. We only ate about half of them. They were Amazing. Then we came home and had a nice night.


Saturday~ Oh my goodness is it really 5:00 am. Well off to work. Work was fun. I felt very productive and ran my little tail off working the fitting rooms. I love helping the costumers. After work I headed up to the school to meet Dugan and work on homework. Diagramming, Diagramming, Diagramming. It was dinner time so Dugan and I came home and I made Pesto Cheese Ravioli with Chicken, Walnuts and Rosemary Vegetables. Worked on homework till it was time for bed.


Sunday~ Went to a Married Student Ward at 9:00 am. It was nice and I really wanted to commit to this one but it didn’t feel right. I think since we decided that we were changing wards I have been in such a hurry to chose a new one. Go figure that the talks in church were about patience. I came home and listened to the talk from last Aprils Conference titled “Continue in Patience” by President Uchtdorf. Dugan and I will try another one next week and I will let you know how it goes. We came home and worked on homework ALL day. I hate doing homework on Sunday’s but at least we are getting better at being able to do our homework at home and we don’t have to go to the school. I made Steak Salsa Verde and Mandarine Veggies for dinner. Bye, Bye, weekend


This is pretty much the view I get out the window when at school. If I have to be at the school and doing homework at least I have a good view. ( If you look close you can see the State Capital) I will have to post another picture that is lighter.


No comments: