Friday, September 11, 2009

United We Stand, Divided We Fall

I woke up this morning and it only took me a few moments to remember what was special about today. I have held a special place in my heart for this day. Every time the topic of September 11th comes up it instantly takes me to the place in my mind where I have a vivid picturesque image. This image will be in my mind Forever. I can tell you where I was and how I felt as if it happened yesterday. I haven't watched T.V. on September 11 since it happened. I know what I will see and I don't need to. I haven't seen any of the movies and I don't want any pictures. While Dugan and I were in NYC in July. As we were walking toward Ground Zero I saw this on the wall. The image that has been carved into my mind was there carved into a wall. This is where the almost 8 years of hurt, anger and sadness all came out. There was no way to stop the tears that flowed as I stood there on the sidewalk in Manhattan. It was the 3rd of July. I had just been to the Statue of Liberty a few hours earlier and the Celebration of our Nation would be the next day. This morning those feelings came back this morning as I let a few tears fall down my face as I thought about how grateful I am and I am so Proud to be an American!!! My Prayers are with every person that lost something that horrific day. God Bless America!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Char, thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is a humbling and sober moment for every American.